Oven Mitt Tutorial

Postby Nathan-MoreLikeHome » August 28th, 2013 » pinned x times

Hi, friends! I made an oven mitt about a year ago (almost exactly to the day) and since then I’ve been getting requests for a tutorial. Now, I get a little bit of grace because I was 37 weeks pregnant at the time, so I wasn’t on top of much except for growing, delivering and nursing a tiny babe for quite a while after that. But, I definitely can’t let a year go by without checking this off my list, right?
So, here it is. With eleventy-billion photos and lots of very helpful details. Promise me you’ll send photos of yours if you make one?! I LOVE getting your photos of things you’ve made with my tutorials!

The supplies:
1/2 yard Insul-Bright insulating batting – you can buy it at JoAnns. It’s also great for ironing board covers or flat iron cases!
1/2 yard pretty cotton fabric (I’ve used both quilting weight and home decor weight, and both seem to do fine.)
1/2 yard lining fabric. I’ve used chenille, home decor fabric and flannel. I like the flannel because it’s soft. Really you could cut up an old sweatshirt for this, it won’t be seen at all. Terry cloth is nice, too. Just use something a bit thicker.
coordinating thread
scissors (and snips if you like to cut your threads with tiny scissors)
sewing machine

Visit Project Site (external link)

Return to Sewing

The Projects community is a place to find and share DIY projects.

Best of MoreLikeHome DIY Projects